- Real Estate
Be sure to use safe grilling practices as the peak months for grilling fires continue – July and August. Gas grills constitute a higher risk, having been involved in an annual average of 6,200 home fires in 2004-2008, while charcoal or other solid-fueled grills were involved in an annual average of 1,300 home fires.
Please be sure to follow the important safety tips listed below.
1. Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
2. The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
3. Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
4. Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
5. Never leave your grill unattended.
Stay Fire Safe!