Global Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) Market: Industry Analysis and Opportunity and Forecast 2019 to 2024
The market for methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 6% during the forecast period of 2019 – 2024. The major factors driving the growth of market studied are increasing demand for use as an anti-knocking agent & as an octane booster in the fuel for gasoline engines, and growing usage in the production of pure isobutene. On the flipside, ethanol substituting the use of MTBE as an oxygenate additive to reduce toxicity of exhaust emissions, and classification as a pollutant & consequent ban of its use in gasoline blending in the United States and Canada serves as major restraints for the studied market.
Access the PDF sample of the report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3586730
– Gasoline additive segment dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow during the forecast period with numerous new refinery projects to commence operations in the coming years, and increase in automotive sales which is projected to increase consumption & production of gasoline.
– Innovation in bio-based MTBE for gasoline is likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
– Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe, which was majorly driven by increased sales of vehicles, and increased gasoline demand in the region.
Key Market Trends
Gasoline Additives Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
– Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) is extensively used as a gasoline additive, which is used as anti-knocking agent and an octane booster in the fuel for gasoline engines.
– Lower cost and effectiveness of MTBE makes it widely second largest gasoline additive type in the world.
– The demand for MTBE in countries, such as China, India, South Korea, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia has been increasing due to increased demand for gasoline from automotive industry, which has been leading to increase in gasoline production in the countries to cater to the growing demand.
– However due to the toxic emission concerns, the use of MTBE is banned in various developed countries including, United States, Canada, Japan, and parts of Europe.
– Such stringent regulations, and presence of comparatively less toxic and/or eco-friendly substitutes have been affecting the overall growth of MTBE market, globally.
– Hence, such concerns in the market studied have led to increased investment by the market players into research & development in order to innovate bio-based MTBE.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share in 2018. MTBE demand in the region is majorly driven by the increasing gasoline demand due to increasing automotive sales leading to growth in demand for fuel.
– Besides, widespread availability of MTBE as a cheap feedstock, coupled with being an attractive substitute to aromatics in gasoline further drives the growth of MTBE market in the region.
– Numerous countries, such as India, China, South Korea, and Indonesia have been witnessing investments into refineries in order to increase their production capacity.
– Some of the new investment planned and under consideration from the second half of 2018, includes – Phase 2 Petrochemical project by S-Oil Corp. at Ulsan, South Korea; Pertamina Balikpapan facility USD 4 billion upgradation project in Indonesia; ongoing planning of Saudi Arabia & India regarding the probable USD 44 billion joint venture West Coast Refinery and Petrochemical Project in Maharashtra, India; and Saudi Aramco investment plan in a refinery-petrochemical project in Zhejiang province, China.
– Hence, with commencement of operations in such refineries, the MTBE market is further expected to witness robust growth in the demand for MTBE in the coming years.
The MTBE market is a moderately consolidated market, where few players account for significant portion of the market demand. Some of the major players in the market include China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, SABIC, Reliance Industries Ltd., Evonik Industries AG, and LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
Browse the full report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether-mtbe-market-growth-trends-and-forecast-2019-2024
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Demand for Use as an Anti-knocking Agent and as an Octane Booster in the Fuel for Gasoline Engines
4.1.2 Increasing Use in the Production of Pure Isobutene
4.2.1 Ethanol Substituting the Use of MTBE
4.2.2 Classification as a Pollutant and the Consequent Ban of its Use in Gasoline Blending in the United States and Canada
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Technological Snapshot
4.5.1 Production Process
4.5.2 Technology Licensing and Patent Analysis
4.6 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Gasoline Additive
5.1.4 Other Applications (Methyl Methacrylate, Polyisobutylene, Butyl rubber)
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
6.4.3 Eni Company
6.4.4 ENOC Company
6.4.5 Enterprise Product Partners LP
6.4.6 Evonik Industries
6.4.7 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.8 Formosa Plastics Corporation
6.4.9 Gazprom Neft PJSC
6.4.10 Hunan yuxin chemical co. Ltd
6.4.11 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.12 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
6.4.13 Panjin Heyun Industrial Group Co. Ltd
6.4.14 Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX)
6.4.15 Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS)
6.4.17 Reliance Industries Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Innovation in Bio-based MTBE for Gasoline
Direct purchase the report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase-single-user/3586730
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (972)-362-8199; +91 895 659 5155